Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK let's start, I already have a 9mm and a .45ACP. Would like to add one more caliber. I want something with stopping power but not a .44 mag. Was thinking of either a .357 magnum or a .40 cal. I would like real world personal feedback. I want something that would be able to penetrate a door or vehicle and still have force to take out the bad guy on the other side. I am going to be travelling quite a lot in my new job and just want something that I can use for personal protection in the event someone in a vehicle causes me to have to defend myself. There have been a number of car jackings in our area as well as shootings on roads so that is why I am wanting something that can penetrate a normal vehicle door/window/windshield and still have some stopping power after that.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Neither the .40 or .357 are heavy enough to guarantee penetration through a car door and still have adequate stopping power - most every time, unless you use clad or jacketed round ball ammo. If that's an okay round with you, then your .45acp will suffice.

Such is my experience and one of the reason I carry ball, most of the time, in my Commander.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.