Pistol World Forums banner

Carry Holster

22K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Glock Doctor 
#1 ·
What do you use for your carry holster for your Glock?

I use a Galco in the pants with a plastic clip that goes underneath the belt.

#9 ·
Mixed feelings on my new Fobus for the Model 60SW. Was showing it to a friend last night,shoved the gun in as far as it would go. Five minutes later he said I think your dead as I was still trying to get the D-- gun out of that holster. Also The day it came I wore it around the house for about an hour getting used to the paddle. I had heard that they will cause an irreatation(sp)on the bare skin. The bottom of the paddle was just about an inch below the top of my
shorts. That night I had a nice red spot where it was rubbing.. The inside of the paddle now has a moleskin pad on it.
Found out the gun comes out fine if I DON't shove it in to the full depth of the holster.
Favorite for th auto is the skeleton belt slide style.

#10 ·
I have a Fobus paddle for all my pistols, it is a good, inexpensive holster for general dinging around like at the range or for walks in the woods. I did not like it as a carry holster, they had the tendency to work their way off the belt if one did a lot of twisting and turning even with a good belt. I have a couple Uncle Mike's IWB clip holsters along with a Bianchi or two but they are all now relegated to the "spare holster bin". They are inexpensive but are not the best at retaining the gun in all circumstances. The clips are not overly strong and do work their way off the belt when a person is active. They are also not the best when using the restroom as the unbuckling of the belt causes the loss of much of the structure supporting the holster. It can be very embarassing hearing your gun bounce off the tiled floor of a public bathroom. They are also not very effective when a tucked shirt is called for. One could where a coat or jacket but that is not always comfortable attire. For concealed carry I had a Bianchi inside the pants that was full leather and had snaps that attached to the belt. This was much better but still not the best at being tucked. The Galco Sky-Op is one I like as it has multiple hold points and is pretty inconspicuous when a shirt is tucked over it. I don't care for the single C-clip holster like the Galco USA as it has a tendency to rotate to a different position upon moving. I bought one for my 1911 and now use it for my Kel-Tec as the lighter gun shifts less than a heavy one. I am looking at a Crossbreed type IWB holster which does not need an undershirt to keep the gun from touching the skin. In the summer less clothes can be more comfortable.

#13 ·
I carry a Glock 21 and I have gone through a boatload of holsters, from cheap nylon Uncle Mikes to expensive Galcos (SOB). The most comfortable (for me) is the Fobus paddle holster under a jacket or T-shirt in the summer. Sometimes I have to resort to a fanny pack. My sholder rig is a Mitch Rosen holster, but I never liked the harness. I switched it with a Galco Miami harness. Much more comfortable and fits a lot better.

#17 ·
I really like the Serpa. I don't have one but I always fondle the floor model at one of my favorite shops. Supposedly Blackhawk does a demo where they have one mounted to a high bar or something and they have people come over and do pull-ups using the grip on the gun, just to prove how sturdy the retention mechanism is.
I just got my CCP so I need to pick up something for in the waistband carry. Right now I just use my G19 at ranges so I have a basic Uncle Mike's which is serving me just fine.

#18 ·
I've carried the belt and MOLLE versions of the Blackhawk Serpa on a daily basis now for 8 months in rather "difficult" conditions without many problems.

I do have a bitch about the belt holster I have though, the spring in the release mechanisim decided to die on me making the holster a "lock when it feels like it" holster. For dinking around at work it's no problem but out in the field it's a bad thing.

To give them credit mine is the only one that I know of that has this problem. I still use it (have it on right now) but it doesn't really lock the pistol in there anymore. My MOLLE mount one is holding up fine (they're really the same damn thing, one's black and the other's green)

#20 ·
I carry my G22 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It is the ugliest holster that I own, but also the most comfortable. My other choice is the Isotope 7. I'm considering giving Rocky over at Pure Kustoms a call and dropping some serious coin on his Black Ops Pro (can be worn as IWB or OWB).

#23 ·
Re: re: Carry Holster

Clayslayer said:
Have any of you tried the Blackhawk SERPA? That's what I have and I'm quite pleased with it. It can be used for either belt or paddle carry.
Not to jump on ya, because I use SERPA holsters, too; but (1) they're really not all that concealable; and (2) there are recent reports around - Which I believe - that a lot of relatively inexperienced pistol users are ND 'ing with the SERPA. There's little doubt in my mind there are better, 'first choice' holsters out there.

What do I use most often? This -

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6292 ... rktkni.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9339 ... ch2zr2.jpg

Both are Blade-Tech custom Kydex holsters with Tek-Lok quick on/off belt clasps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.