Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of a knife do you guys carry for CCW. I am interested in pics and name brands, as i search for what i will carry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have grown to favor CRKT folders. I have several of the larger styles and really don't have one I that I carry constantly. Seem to rotate through several of them .Their quality, ruggedness and weight are "spot on " for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok seriously, how did that guy open that knife so fast, that was ridiculous. I would probably knock myself out trying to do that

·
Registered
33 Posts
You'll see that on the back of the blade there is a spur, as he is drawing the knife out of the pocket he hooks the spur on the corner of the pocket opening the blade on the way out. So in one linear move he opens the blade and cuts your throat. Neat! :twisted:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be awesome, but i thought idea was to stab hands or poke to keep the scumbag away while you draw your CCW weapon? Im not really down with cutting throats.........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually the knife is more of a backup for the your primary CCW. It there in case of malfunctions, you primary either gets knock/taken away or you just ran out of ammo. I use mine when I travel to locations where I can't carry a pistol (like Chicago). It doesn't allow you the distance but within 21 feet it's "EXTREMELY" deadly. If you can see if your local library has or can get the video "Cold Steel." It's about police officers that manage to survive knife attacks, you'll be amazed!

If you do decide to carry a knife get some training. I've got some (need more!) and practice when I can but if you draw a knife on someone that knows how to use one you're going to get cut to ribbons!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: re: CCW Knifes

Rev. said:
This is what I carry, I have always liked Buck knives.

http://store.defense-tek.com/297bk.html
Glocks and Buck knives?!! Rev - you are a smart man!! :wink:

Here's what I have with me on a daily basis ... Not as nice as what Rev has, but I don't get upset if I screw up the blade using it for something it wasn't designed to either. I've had this for around three years or so now and it has held up really good considering what I paid for it.

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/pr ... SKU=BU5910

·
Registered
159 Posts
My daily pocket knife is a CRKT Crawford/Kasper Pro model. They are discontinued now. I just got a damascus bladed Kershaw Leek. It is very cool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok that buckle head belt knife is pretty awesome, cant say its really my style, but would wear it under an untucked shirt. I just have to say though Terry, im sure that guy would kick some ass, he seriously should not be showing off that man camel toe in his video. not cool. I'm afraid i have permanent retna damage

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Terry, how could you possibly miss it. He was advertising a belt buckle knife with that giant camel toe in the background. Someone should really let him know, cause i think he would sell more knifes he had a chick demonstrating the buckle knife, id definitely buy one, or maybe to

·
Registered
11 Posts
JMOfartO:

I've only recently started being interested in carrying an assisted opening folding knife as my final backup to my backup to my always carried LWS380 and my sometimes CS45 or P2000sk, to my "runaway and hide plan", but here's what I have found I am comfortable with.

Kershaw Leek 1660CB:

In my limited research I have found general consensus is that if the blade is 3" or less, and the knife is not "concealed in the pocket" it is legal in most places. You can take that with a grain of salt in this day and time, but there you have it.

The Kershaw Leek 1660CB has a blade of 3", the SpeedSafe opening technology makes for instant one-finger opening, and the knife can be clipped to the edge of the pocket, thereby carried as NON-concealed. The blade is extremely sharp, and the composite deal (CB-composite blade) means the spine of the blade is of the sturdier Sandvik 13C26 steel, while the cutting surface is the higher quality CPM-D2.. I'm just repeating what I've read because honestly I don't have a clue other than knife forums think it's a pretty good combination.

I was so taken with my first 1660CB I bought 2nd as a "spare".. :D

If there is a complaint with this knife it is that the stainless steel handle IS slippery... For this reason I have ordered the 1660G10 which has the (even) higher quality stonewashed S30V blade and the grip is not stainless steel and from what I've read is absolutely non-slippery..

Don't know which I'll wind up carrying daily, but either way I'm buying a product made in America, has a great reputation for quality and either the 1660CB or 1660G10 IMO makes for a very good choice for daily carry.

The slim 1660CB just "almost" vanishes when clipped on the pocket...

Finally, and hey lets be realistic here... IF I get in a situation where I have to pull a 3" knife out of my pocket to defend myself I'm already in a world of hurt.. :wink:

But, these fine little knives can be carried well concealed (not totally concealed) daily, and just adds a measure of comfort you otherwise would not have.

Just personal opinion, no offense to those who might disagree.

I could be wrong, at almost 67 years of age if I am it won't be the first time.. :roll:

Best Wishes,

Jesse

1 - 20 of 27 Posts