Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Email me if you recuire pictures [email protected]
Hi, i've recently bought what i was told is a Colt1860 38rf richards-mason blank fire pistol. There is no make on the gun, only a serial number 694460. Being that 9mm/380 cal 'rimfire' blanks dont exist, i then started to ask myself is this a blank fire gun? The cyliner is the same as a blank fire cylinder, about 1/3 of the way down the chambers dont line up, to prevent live rounds being fired. 9mm/380 cal blanks fit in the width of the cambers but are to long to fit and they are the shortest you could get without making you own but the gun still remains to be a rimfire. I've found a company in france the sell 38rf reloadable brass cases that will take a 22 cal rimfire blank at the edge of the case, so i can get the gun to fire blanks if i cut the cases down to 10mm long, so that they fit in the cylinder. It has a firing pin. I contacted Pietta to see if my serial number was on record but it isnt. The gun is in brand new condition as the previous owner kept it in a display cabinet from new. The barrel and cylinder havent had anything fired through it. I bought the gun off the previous owners brother coz he had been left a collection of 15 colts in a display cabinet after his brother past away. His brother could of had a brand new 1860 new model army made into a richards mason conversion. All i have to go off to find where and when this gun was made is a serial number 694460 and Patent date 10th september 1850 on the cylinder. The trigger guard and back strap are black anodized zink aluminium. The colour of the barrel, cylinder is a strange green blue colour and at the beging of the top of the barrel is a rear site cut into the barrel. If anyone could help me with any information or advice on how to find out where and when it was made i'd be gratefull. Regards, Damian Gray (UK resident)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts