Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any idea what this is worth? Is a .25 cal Colt Automatic Calibre 25. On the other side of the slide, it says 'Colt's PT.F.A MFG. CO Hartford, CT. USA PAT Aug.25.1896 APR.201897 DEC.22.1910'

It shoots fine, actually suprisingly accurate for the type of sites it has. Worn from use, but no rust, so is functional Looks like a midget 1911 with an internal hammer.

SN 226701

Has the number 76 on the right side of the front trigger guard. Is very picky about the ammo it will feed. Does not like any hollowpoint I have tried. Eats Winchester 25 Auto 50GR. FMJ's all day.

Thanks for your time. Can post pictures Monday if needed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Does it have a 2" barrel? If so, it's a "Vest Pocket Model 1908 - Hammerless". Made from 1908 - 1946. Magazine disconnect incorporated after 1916.

The value depends on the condition.... generally stated as the percent original finish remaining. A copy of "The Blue Book of Gun Values" will help you to determine the condition, as there is a large section of the book on evaluation.

I'll take a guess that your "...Worn from use, but no rust.." is an 80% gun. In blue finish, it would be about $350... if it's nickle plated, it would be about $500.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It has a 2" barrel if you include the chamber. Magazine disconnect, is that a safety thing, where it won't fire without the magazine in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Odd, the serial number is in the 1930 range for production for what I have found. But it will fire without the magazine in. Perhaps someone had a bit of work done on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts