Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt .45 Combat Commander that I bought in 1971. It was tuned, Micro sights, etc. and had a trigger job by John Videki
in '71 and has worked fine ever since until a few days ago. The hammer has started following the slide to half-cock on a partially
loaded magazine (e.g. 2-3 rounds). With a fully loaded magazine, it doesn't do it, I suppose because the extra friction from a full
magazine slows the slide.

Can someone direct me to a reputable pistolsmith preferably in NC/SC/VA who can diagnose and repair this problem? If they can make it function for another 40 years, I won't have to worry about getting it tuned again. I don't need it accurized, just make sure that everything is in the
right place doing the right thing.

Some questions:

1. Can I legally send the complete pistol to the gunsmith by UPS?
2. Can he ship it back to my home by UPS?
3. My old Colt magazines are worn out. What magazines do you recommend for the most reliable feeding? Wilson?

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rick

I was just wondering if you have an all steel trigger in the gun? If so you are experiencing whats called TRIGGER BOUNCE.

I CAN ANSWER YOU THIS.

Yes you can ship your gun directly to a gunsmith and yes he can ship it back to your door step. And ups will ship your pistol just be sure to inform them of the contents of your package.
Gunsmiths in that area I can not inform you on sorry.

http://www.americanarmsengineering.us

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron,

The trigger is an extended aluminum trigger with a screw stop. Think that I will try backing out on the trigger stop a half-turn.

Would you be willing to look at the pistol if I send it to you?

Thanks,

Rcik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.