Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haved Colt Combat Commander that I bought "enhanced" had more work done and it shot's well.
I am getting into IDPA with my Beretta M9 but would like to get some more accuaracy out of the the Commander.

Can I put a 5" Wilson type Match Grade barrel, bushing and full length recoil spring and guide in my Commander?

Also on another note about my M9. I have found match grade barrels for it, but am wondedring if I get the same amount of accuracy change with this barrel being that there is no work done to the front top of the slide?

Any help with these questions sould be great.

·
Registered
606 Posts
A matched barrel and bushing will help the accuracy, but unless you're a bullseye shooter, you won't notice much difference. The full-length recoil spring guide is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.... forget it. A good slide-to-frame fit will also help the accuracy, but again, only a bullseye shooter would notice the difference.

For IDPA or IPSC, that sort of accuracy isn't required unless you have one that sprays 'em all over the landscape. "Out of the box" is usually accurate enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts