Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun was purchased new in July, 1937. I also have the original box and the original flyer that came with the gun. It is a 2" .38 special.

It has seen about 100 rounds fired, at most. Bluing is original and at 100%. It never saw the inside of a holster.

What is its value?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently finished rebuilding a 1970 Colt exposed ejector rod (second generation) DS. It is in my humble opinion the finest snubbie ever made. I installed Eagle checkered rosewood grips on it, which greatly improved control. I also own a sweet 1969 Cobra and a super fine 1965 4" Python. All three are magnificent guns. Nothing points as well or shoots as well as a vintage Colt. My Python is awesome! No wheelgun shoots better than a Colt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I got carried away. My DS cost $450 (and it was a piece of shit until I rebuilt it). A resonable price for an exposed ejector rod DS or Cobra in 95% condition would be between $500 to $600. They have really climbed in value over the last few years. I bought my extremely clean Cobra two years ago for $300!!! Good luck getting one for under $500 these days. I have to say that they are worth every penny! You just can't do any better than a Colt snubbie. The Python speaks for itself. It is the finest handgun ever
made. Shoot one and you'll agree.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.