Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my wife a holster-purse for Christmas from gungear.com good price, she carries a G 26 fits great , she loves the purse, said it's a great purse, even if it didn't have a built in holster. Really likes the lockable zipper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my girlfriend one of those purses with the holster in it; she loves it. There are always those that will point out the risk of someone stealing the purse, before she is able to retrieve her gun. While I agree that is a risk, I think it's better than leaving it at home- although I do dread the thought of arming a criminal. But there aren't many options for carry without altering your wardrobe (i.e., baggy shirt). I run the same risk myself when I tuck my piece in my "Plan B" (looks like a day-planner) or into my laptop bag. Or, for that matter, when I have to leave it in my truck when I'm at work. Fanny packs are similar, although to me nothing screams "gun" like a guy wearing a fanny pack at Home Depot.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds weird by my wife carries a fanny pack as her purse. Not around her waste, but over her shoulder mostly. I'm afraid someone is gonna yank it off one day and there goes her gun and everything else. Bought her a holster, but she will not wear a belt. Oh well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wheelgoodtime said:
nothing screams "gun" like a guy wearing a fanny pack at Home Depot.
Only if you're screaming it. If you're casual about it, everyone else will be too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am 63 Y/0 and never once have I ever seen a fanny pack that screamed gun in Home Depot or anywhere else. Now...mind you...if you have a picture of a Glock on your fanny pack, you're on your own. I occasionally carry with a fanny pack and I have never felt like I will be shot first. I think some obsess anally over this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe it's because I ride in a mobility chair but I get no strange looks at all when I wear my fanny pack to conceal carry. I didn't get the tacticool one when pistol labels plastered all over it but a nice blue touristy looking one. I use this when I want to carry a full size 1911.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.