PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my CZ75 compact in 9mil. Dandy little gun, Safety works in same direction as the Colts that I used to carry on duty. The saftey on the Beretta is just the oppisite,Gets confusing sometimes in the dark.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I used a full size CZ 75 for my duty gun when we first transitioned from revolvers to semi-automatics. I used for a very short time before I traded for a S&W 659. It was a poor trade, I shot the CZ well but the S&W was a real bear. Unfortunately the desire for stainless was greater than common sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: re: CZ

txpete said:
I have a CZ75 pre-B(non-import) from the days of the evil empire.excellent pistols.
pete
I carry a CZ-75B .40 S&W. It's a little big to conceal so it mostly stays in the car. It's a great pistol and super reliable. I also have a CZ83 (9mm Browning) I haul around now an then. Again, it's a fantastic pistol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
uglydog said:
I used a full size CZ 75 for my duty gun when we first transitioned from revolvers to semi-automatics. I used for a very short time before I traded for a S&W 659. It was a poor trade, I shot the CZ well but the S&W was a real bear. Unfortunately the desire for stainless was greater than common sense.
I did the opposite... I traded an S&W 410S for my CZ75B. The CZ is a thousand percent better! I like S&W guns and have many, but when it comes to autoloaders... CZ kicks butt everytime.

·
Registered
640 Posts
20+ years ago, CZ was not a very well known maker and it being blued was not as conducive to sitting in a leather holster for extended times and in all weather conditions as a stainless steel gun. If CZ would have had a stainless model back then, I would have gotten one of those in stead. I am a fan of S&W revolvers and their M-41 and M-52 semi-autos, the other self loaders are not on my short list of guns to get. They go bang but I can not shoot them as well as many, many other makes. In my book they rank above Glock in this regard but that is not saying much ( Lest someone jumps pn me for this, I think highly of Glock as a gun but it does not fit my hand very well which makes it a poor choice for me, I do recommend it to others to try before making a final decision).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brno CZ75B was at one time the choice of the European Close Protection Officer and likely still is, the new gun on the block is the Croat 2000 (Springfield)..........I'll stick with my Brno....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: re: CZ

9MAK said:
I've got a CZ 75 BD (decockermodel) and it's a dead on shooter..Love it.
YES, the absolutely best gun on earth is the one in your hand, during your time of need. I just hope it will be my CZ75B...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts