Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dan Wesson .357 Mag, 6" barrel with a full length lug. I bought it new at least 15 years ago. However, I don't remember the model number or how much I paid for it.

There is no model number on it. According to the manual it's either a 15-2 or 715 model. It's the Target model and has the sweetest trigger I've ever held. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. I removed the original grip and replaced it with a Hogue Monogrip.

Can anyone here tell me which model it really is and what the value is?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
The model 715 is a stainless steel revolver.

The model 15 is a blued revolver.

The revolver in your photo appears to be blued.

I'll look up a price for you tomorrow when I get my 29th edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pistolero, it is indeed blued.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
According to the Blue Book of Gun Values, 29th edition:

There were three different model 15 revolvers.

The one known simply as the Model 15 had interchangeable barrels.

The one known as the Model 15 Target Fixed Barrel had a fixed, non-interchangeable barrel and high bright blue finish.

The third was known as the Model 15 Gold Series. It had a vent rib heavy slotted barrel, “gold” stamped shroud with Dan Wesson signature, 18kt. Gold plated trigger, white triangle rear sight with orange-dot patridge front sight, exotic hardwood grips.

I think from your photo we can rule out the Model 15 gold series.

Value for the Model 15 in 98% condition has a base value of $225.00. Add approx. $8.00 to $13.00 for each addition barrel length over 2 inches, $22.00 for vent rib barrel or $60.00 for vent rib heavy barrel shroud.

The Model 15 Target Fixed Barrel in 98% condition has a base value of $220.00, add $9.00 for each barrel length over 3 inches.

Add about $50.00 more to each of the above if you think it is in 100% condition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Pistolero!

I guess it's not worth much to anyone but me. :D I have no intention of selling it, but I wouldn't take $1K for it. I like it that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts