Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a Dan Wesson .357 revolver. I think its about a 6" barrel and it came with the wrench, but no extra barrels.
Any opinions on this gun? It holds and feels much like my SW K-22...

·
Registered
640 Posts
They seem to be a decent quality gun, I have shot a couple over the years and found nothing to complain about them. I am not overly enthused about the interchangeable barrels but then I typically buy a handgun for a given purpose and set it up accordingly. Sorry to hear of the circumstances for your receiving the gun but the gun should serve you well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
my bro has the DW pistol pac. its not a bad shooter. one thing in noticed was that the face of the cylinder wasnt cut flat. it had a slight wow to it. not alot, but just enough to be noticable.

if you can, i would try to find some extra barrels.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you intend a defense gun... practice, alot. The cyl. release is in the wrong place for S&W and Colt shooters and can make using a reloader difficult.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree about the cylinder release being awkward.
I intend to use this one strictly for target/bowling pin shooting with the possiblility of carrying it while deer hunting.
There will most likely be times when I'm in the woods with both of my sons where my carrying a rifle is sort of redundant...
In that situation, I'll let them take the shot anyway, but it might be nice just to have something that I can use for a finish shot in the event of my being the first to find one that just hasn't expired yet.

On the topic of reloading it, I know that at one point, my dad had purchased a quickloader that was for a SW, but the spacing was wrong for the cylinder. Anyone know what make/part number fits these revolvers?

Well, anyway the first step will be to go with my mom to the local gun shop to do the formal transfer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've always wanted one, with barrels 2", 4" 6" and 8", never found one with the full set that I check out in person. It's a good wheel gun with options, the release is a bit off but overall is quality pistol. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dan Wesson revolvers are big in the silhouette circuit, and are considered to be a strong gun. It should be a fine piece for target work or hunting; they are designed more with that purpose in mind. I hope you enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts