Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first handgun and am debating whether I should reconsider. I purchased a used unfired Sig 232. My reasoning for this gun was it felt fantastic in my hand. I do not have a very large hand, and this gun's grip just felt molded to me.

I am applying for a conceal carry permit, which I understand are not approved initially, and very rarely at all. This gun would be perfect for that purpose, but otherwise it is not a target gun, and others are telling me it has no knock down power, so it really isn't ideal for home defense. Ammo is more expensive than a .22 or 9 mm.

I am looking at the possibility of a 9mm (S&W M & P, Sig 229 or H & K)

I really never plan to have to shoot another person with my pistol, but occasionally I transport cash/merchandise and would like the added security. As for home, a few shotguns in the closet are probably my first choice.

Any experience with any of these firearms or thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
585 Posts
The .380 and .32 were, for Europe, the most extensively carried police weapons for a good long time. A great many carry them in this country, even now. Do they have the knock-down power of a 9mm or larger? No, certainly not. Are either sufficient for your purpose? Very probably.

As I read your post, your defensive circle (distance around you you are likely to experience problems) is very small (1-2 yards). As such, practicing double-taps, you are very probably safe with that gun.

That said, I carry a .45 Commander and a .380 KelTec backup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts