Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wasn't gonna buy another S&W (at least for a while), but there I was in an "antique " gun shop looking at expensive Colt .45's when I spotted a lonely pre-mod 10 M&P in.38...the old stuff not special. This belonged to a pilot , the owner said. I start checking it out. UNITED STATES PROPERTY on the top strap, and all numbers match...frame butt, barrel, cylinder ...I bought it! Not a beauty, but "historical" Besides the s.n. the butt was stamped with W.B., the ordinance flaming bomb, and a "P" mark which designates acceptance to U.S. armed forces between the summers of 1941-1942. After all the red tape of my county in upstate N.Y. it's mine and while cleaning I discover the smooth walnut grips are also numbered to the gun...what a find, I'm stoked! Now to shoot the thing! love to send pix...gotta learn how...c.w.[/img]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Model 10s are great. I bet when you shoot it you will find it to be extremely accurate. What a terrific find. I know you're proud of that one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.