Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to own a G19, but this backward state of MA won't let me buy a new one. I can find used ones around, mostly 2nd generation Glocks. Every once in a while, I see LE trades for 3rd gen. guns, but it's rare. (Yeah, of course the cops get them, but we don't...)

I believe they're on 4th gen. now? Does anyone have any opinions on the finger grooves vs. no grooves, and any other differences in the generations?

I'm leaning towards waiting until a decent 3rd gen. pops up, just might be a bit...they go quick.

Also, the prices are quite a bit higher due to the demand of the used ones...grrr

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
1st generation...smooth grip, no checkering, no accessory rail.
2nd generation...checkered grip, no accessory rail.
3rd generation...finger groove grip, with accessory rail.

No 4th that I know of.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 3rd gen 19 and it is a sweet gun. And I use a light/laser on the rail for HD, and leave it off for CC. The slight difference in the grip and the rail are, to me, worth the wait. I have fired a 2nd gen and my 3rd is more comfortable in my hands and more versatile because of the rail.

JMNSHO &, of course, YMMV

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Glasstream. My last purchase was actually a sig 229, but A glock is still on my wishlist. It's just a matter of a 3rd Gen showing up for the right price, at the same time that I have some extra cash...hopefully after the holidays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts