Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this link to the Colt website through Google but couldn't find a link on the website itself. The copyright on the webpage is from 2003 but I thought Colt officially discontinued the Anaconda in 1999 so that discounts the page being an old remnant, right?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/Anaconda.asp

The Python is still listed under custom services but not the Anaconda. Is this gun still available new from Colt?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think colt dropped all their revolvers except for the SAA and a commemorative Python. You may be able to order an Anaconda from the Custom Shop but it may be a bit pricey.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also heard that colt dropped most of their revolver line. The Python Elite is just a Python with a bigger price.

I find it very odd that there would still be a page on their website that I got to through google. Stranger still that I can't find a link to that page anywhere on the Colt site. It's as though they removed the link but not the page.

·
Registered
640 Posts
As one knows, what gets on the Internet can't be removed fully. Colt may have stopped producing the Anaconda in 1999 (I don't know) but may still have carried them in literature until all the "pieces" were used up. This is not uncommon and could explain the befuddleent you are experiencing. The page/link may have been dropped when Colt broke into two separate organizations; one for military/law enforcement sales and the other for civilian sales. If you want the real story contact Colt directly, it is as easy as posting on this site.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Up until recently Real Gold Sports listed both the Anaconda and Python in 6" on their site. Price was around $1200 if I remember right..

They link off the front page of shotgunworld.com usualy. Was hoping that colt would re-enter the DA market. Went to the colt consumer page and never saw anything on them...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every retailer has told me that they are no longer in production. Some even said they doubt any were made in 2003 when they were reintroduced. Plenty of used ones out there though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
According to the Wall Street Journal, Colt is no longer making handguns for public consumption - period. Rapidly, the Python will become the most expensive production gun in history.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Colt is still making handguns:

http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/home.asp

They are no longer making Anaconda's. I was looking for a new(never been fired) for several years and found one at a gun show in TX (I found a guy who only buys and sells Colts...if you want his number pm me). You can find them new but it takes patience. Finding a used model is much easier.[/url]

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was contacted by an owner with a used one at a fair price. I told him I couldn't afford it until May and he agreed to wait. I need to collect more disposable income. Then I am done buying guns. I really mean it this time. :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fuelburns: I have been done buying guns since 1990, except for the occasional one-mores, which seem to be coming along several times a year since then.

Oh, and I did buy myself 4 for my retirement present last year.
Or was it 6....

But I can quit anytime......

mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts