Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this EAA Witness?? dependable? smooth action? ANyone shoot this pistol? I would like to know what you all think about this gun and the if anyone has one If they have also used the optional convertion kits with other caliber's. How easy and how accurate are theys guns??? Anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
smilerman115 said:
Does anyone know anything about this EAA Witness
which Witnesss? i dont see any pics or any links? can you be more specific?

smilerman115 said:
dependable?
Mine have been 100% so far. tho not alot of rounds. I have 3 of them. 2 large frame in 10mm, 45/22 combo and the smaller frame in 9mm w/22LR conversion kit. i havent shot the 9mm w/conversion yet but i done see why it would be any different. all of my EAAs are the plain jane, not the guns with the fluff.

on the 10mm, i had issues at first but it was the OEM mag. once i got newer mags no problems.

smilerman115 said:
smooth action?
they actions are okay. could be improved but so can almost all stock (read non semi custom/tricked out guns). Btw, try to find some try handle try since i get the feeling you havent even seen one. its like trying to describe shit to a person that cant smell.

smilerman115 said:
ANyone shoot this pistol?
as i stated i use mine, but in the last seveal years i havent shot alot and if i did, it was other toys. but since you dont have any name/model/picture of which pistol you mentioned, i dont have an clue as to which one.

smilerman115 said:
I would like to know what you all think about this gun and the if anyone has one If they have also used the optional convertion kits with other caliber's.
i got them cuz of the conversion kits. i like to shoot 22LRs and if you havent felt the ammo prices recently, and alot of CF going to RF then, you wont know.

to me they are a CZ clone and are less exepensive then CZs at this time. at least the stock EAAs. whats nice is that they offer one in 10mm and they are great guns for the $$$ imo.

smilerman115 said:
How easy and how accurate are theys guns???
how easy? what do you mean?

afa accuracry goes, im not sure. i shoot about 25/30 feet since that is how long the bays are. i dont have a problem keeping them on paper, but i also dont spray and pray. i havent benched them, so it maybe something i will have to do one of these days.

if you want a "target" gun, think about the other models. but im not sure the conversions will fit/function on them since some of them are SAO lowers. I would call/email/mail EAA and ask them directly, but thats just me.

notes:

> i would really try to find one to try/handle and shoot if possible. if you have any rental ranges in your state/area, i would call/email/mail and see what they have to offer. there are other CZ clones out there too that you can try to handle to get an idea on the EAA. btw, EAA has stopped selling/making the smaller frame guns (CZ 75/85 ish) and so ALL that is available is the larger frame guns. so if you want the smaller frame, then you will have to find a used/LNIB or new old stock. but good luck in finding one. It took me 1+ years to find my 9mm.

> If you want a "target" gun, then buy a "target" gun. same if you just want to punch holes in paper or if you just want to make some noise. most guns will out shoot the shooter too.

> triggers/actions can be smoothed/lightened if you dont like the OEM action.

>

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have read a lot of glowing reports on them, but the one I had was a real dog. I bought a used one when the .40 calibers were just coming out, way back when. It shot about 5" high/right at 7.5 yards, so at 20 yards you weren't on the paper if you aimed at the bulls eye. The magazine would also eject every few shots as well. I loved the ergonomics, but that was about it. Took it back to my dealer and traded it in on a new 2.5" S&W 19. Now that is a sweet shooting gun!

Instead of the EAA you might want to take a look at the originals the EAA was copied from - the CZ-75.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello---I have had aTZ 75 for quite a few years. It has the nicest feel of any full size 9mm. In many years of shooting the action pistol and IPSC games mine has never failed me. My 75 has at least 30,000 rounds through it and is still going strong. A couple of years ago while browsing a gun shop I ran into another TZ 75 at a very good price and picked it up; this pistol is the most accurate 9mm I have ever seen and is a pleasure to shoot. Almost all ammo has been hand loaded 147 grain lead bullets but it will feed anything you want to load. Most of the major brands of full size 9s have been in my safe over the years; but none of them are any better than the CZ 75 TZ 75 platforms. Buy one you will love it.----Zane

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased an EAA Witness around 12 years ago. Mine is made by Tanfoglio in Italy. I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it up. It's a 1911 clone in .40 S&W, compact sized. The curved back strap fits my hand so well, it would be almost impossible for someone to pry it out of my hands. It has been 100% reliable. It is reasonably accurate, though not target grade- but a real bargain for what was then a $400 gun. The trigger has a slight amount of creep, which I didn't really notice until I recently bought a Springfield XD subcompact- that one has a sweet trigger for out of the box. I don't know if my gun is anything like EAA still imports, but this is one that I will never get rid of. It's also thinner than my XD, but the grip is longer- so it can be a little harder to conceal than the XD, but it is also a little more comfortable instead. I initially carried my Witness in a duty holster while working as an armed guard. I would not recommend my model for that purpose- it has a nice rooster tail (can't think of the term for it right now) to protect your hand from hammer bite. It works great for that, but in a duty holster it tended to jab me in the elbow if I tried to rest my arms on my belt. (When you stand for hours, the more positions you can utilize, the better). Another thing you should consider is availability of spare magazines, and what they cost. I've seen less expensive guns around, but spare magazines cost twice as much as the common brands (i.e., Glock), and if you want a couple of spares you might end up spending as much for your Witness as you would a Glock or XD. I don't know for sure this is the case, but I would research that if I were you. Another thing to consider is if you want to upgrade the sights later. You might have a hard time getting some to fit your Witness, whereas Glock are the most common, and other major volume brands are also available. The rear sight on my Witness, and I did put an adjustable sight on it for a while (back to combat sight now). The front sight is integral with the slide, so not upgradeable- which is too bad. I only buy guns with dovetailed or pinned sights now, to give more options for sight upgrades later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts