Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Absurdly dangerous. I can't beleive anyone would think it's "cool" to post a video like this.

You do realize that you endangered everyone within a mile or so radius, right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, you think I would be so careless. Let me describe the setting.

This lake is about 30 miles from any paved roads, and thus in a very remote, deserted area. It is surrounded by 500+ft tall boulder fields in three directions (that was the direction I was shooting), and I walked around the entire lake before we did this video. The only people within at least a few miles in any direction were with me, and they were standing a few hundred feet behind me. The only thing in danger when we did this was a couple wild cows.

The bullets traveled in a fairly predictable path. Most bullets ended up in the lake, but the ones that did skip we could hear hitting trees, and see hitting the dirt in the path we were shooting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is all fun and games, skiping rocks, we even skiped bombs on water into ships and other structures, "in times of war". But remember there is just as much a chance of someone else being in that area, as you being there. They could be skiping bullets from the other side of the lake. Always be careful, and go over to the other side of the lake and get rid of the bodies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While unlikely to occur, remember that a water ricochet can land anywhere,

Several years ago, a fellow was shooting sharks off the east coast, and one of his bullets ended up killing a young girl on shore. He had no idea that he was the cause of the incident.

This type of activity begs for trouble at the worst time. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The Firearms Safety Instructor side of me is ....... Horrified!

One of the problems with doing this is, 'the kids' are going to want to imitate what you're doing; and the next guy to try this probably isn't going to be located on some remote lake way back in the boonies. This is just not a good thing to post on the world-wide internet where anybody can get a hold of it - OK. :wink:

REF: Cooper's Firearms Safety Rule #4 - (One of those safety rules you should NEVER break)

4. CLEARLY IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts