Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this seems like it should be fairly easy and cut and dried, but I can't find anything about a pistol that belonged to my grandfather. I find alot SIMILAR to but nothing that is the same. If anyone can help me with age and value, I would greatly appriciate it.

It is a F.I.E. Mod. E15 6 shot .22 l.r. cal with a 4.75 in. barrel, plastic grip serial # TA43733.

·
Registered
640 Posts
F.I.E. was an importer, not manufacturer, so who made it would probably be listed along side where the gun itself was made. F.I.E. stands for "Firearms, Import and Export," and were noted for the importation of inexpensive, usually cheaply made firearms. Value would probably be in the $100 range as there is no collector interest in them. I've bought several FIE double action revolvers to use to shoot blanks for dog training and they seem to develop cylinder timing issues fairly quickly. That is more expense to fix than the value of the gun so theold gun is stripped of any usable parts and then scrapped. As I can get these for cheaper than a good starter pistol and they do not have the the issue of the cylinder rod falling out as with the starter guns, I use them when I find them. The only caveat is they are firearms and one must be aware of any local statutes and/or ordinances regarding the possession and use of firearms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts