Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well like the name of the topic says what is ur favorite handgun of all time even if u never held or shot it before?

mine has gotta be the .50AE desert eagle with the titanium finish (never held or shot it before)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've only shot a small selection so far including:
Sig P226 9mm
Ruger SuperBlackhawk .44
AO 1911 .45acp
S&W Model 10 .38sp
Ruger Mk. II .22lr
Llama Especial .32acp
Colt Border Patrol .357magnum

I would say it's a tie between the Border Patrol and the Sig P226. They are completely different but each has great characteristics.

If I had to choose only one, my Colt revolver. :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Original model of the High Standard Supermatic Trophy Military. Close second would be the S&W 41. One of the various N frame S&Ws would probably be third.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colt Gold Cup, NM.

This one will never be sold. :)

Oops. . . on edit: I MUST add my S&W mdl 41, w/ 5-1/2" bull barrel.
This is another one that will never be sold.

Keith

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ruger's line of single actions. I really like a SAA Colt. The Rugers are about all I'll be able to afford and they've not let me down for years.

HWD

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am a 1911A1 fan... and the Commander... and the Gold Cup, but I must confess... I have always loved the Colt Python. :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll put another up for the single action Rugers. I've shot 3 different ones and they all just feel 'right' in my hand. No having to coerce my hands around the grip like with my .357.

Justin

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh Gosh ,there have been so many handguns over the past

55 years its hard to pick one. For center fire accuracy I would have to say the S&W K38 with five inch barrel.
For a carry gun it would be the Colt Commander LW in 45ACP.
And then there was the H&R 999 and the S&W model 41 in the 22 line.
Today I guess its whatever I own now.
For accuracy disapointments it has to be the Beretta Mod.92 and 96. At 25 yards I'm lucky to hit a paper plate.
Could it be my old eyes with cataracs? you think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
From time to time, my preferences change. Currently, my favorite's a stainless steel Ruger Bisley Vaquero in .45 Colt with a 5-1/2" barrel. The trigger's a little smoother and it feels better balanced than my Ruger single actions with adjustable sights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a nickel plated S&W model 29-2 that is my long time favorite..but it's an heirloom that belonged to my grampa..my favorite that I bought for myself is my Sig 229 9mm

·
Registered
297 Posts
S&W N-frame. In any caliber.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts