Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixin to start loading for my 45 and haven't decided on a powder. I've heard folks talking about 4227 , H110 , W296 and Unique. I'll be loading hardcast bullets ranging from 250 up to 300 and need some advice. Thanks in advance.

HWd

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B,
Thanks for replying. I've not seen a load using Clays yet. Heck, I've got a 8lb jug down in my loading room! I'll check Hodgon's site for data.
I reckon I shold have clarified my intent with this revolver and just what it is. It's a Ruger Blackhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel. My intentions are to hunt with it next year(deer and/or Bear).

Thanks
HWD

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uglydog,

Thanks for the reply on this one. I think I'm gonna go with a Keith Style bullet from Lasercast. H110 and 296 were the ones that I was considering the closest,so thanks for the verification.

Plowboy, Don't feel bad. We've all misread some of the questions or replies here once or twice.

HWD

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never loaded for a pistol cartridge,but have loaded rifle and shotgun for years. Is it possible to find a powder that comes close to filling the case? With rifle,the closer to filling the case the better. Heck,some of them will only shoot with compressed loads.

HWD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts