Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I can find some help out there.

I just picked up a .44 cal black powder single shot handgun 6.75 in. barrel (measured from frame to tip), octagonal barrel. Only marks are "made in Italy Cal 44" on the barrel. What I assume is the serial# and "FIE ITALY" on the bottom of the handle frame.

I tried to find an FIE website with no luck. Tried to find it on Numerich, not there.

Does anybody know what I've got, and where to get information, and or parts for it?

Thank You

·
Registered
640 Posts
FIE was an acronym for "Firearms Import & Export." As stated, they were an importer and did not make guns themselves. They typically imported up to mid-quality products but they did have some few models that were pretty good. Dixie would be a good place to start, I think they bought the name if not the actual company.
Look the gun over closely and you may find the the manufacturer. I would guess one of the larger Italian companies such Piotti or Pedersoli as they were initially imported by several different companies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.