Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found this site tonight. i wanted something new to play with in the fields (no gun ranges in the area). that means i can't really go rent them at the ranges and test them out. and i don't know anyone with any low caliber handguns. i only want to spend around 300 dollars (gotta save money for college). i talked to the guy at the local gun shop and he said a 9mm would be a good first caliber. i've looked around the past week or so and liked the how the SR9 and the SW9VE looked.
opinions??
i'm wide open for any suggestion. i just don't wanna spend a much more than that.
accuracy is big. comfort is next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5 days and no reply. Evidently there's nobody on this forum with the experience to help you. I am somewhat of a novice myself, but I will give you my opinion since nobody else will. :?

I've owned a few pistols over the years but have just this past year gotten more interested in shooting and have purchased 3 Glocks, 2 Sigs, and a S&W revolver. I started out wanting a S&W SV40, but since I may carry mine for personal protection I decided to go with the "more reputable" guns.

I think that for the purpose you stated the S&W would be a good purchase. From reading these and other forums it appears to me that many people own and are quite satisfied with these guns. I also think that 9mm is a good caliber in that it is strong enough (many will disagree) and less expensive and easier to shoot than the 40. I don't know if there's an Academy Sports store in your area, but the one in Augusta GA is advertising that gun for about $320. In my area new Glocks are about $550 but if I drive 50 miles I can buy them for $500.

Also, unless you're fixed on having a semi-auto, some of the new revolvers are a little cheaper.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you come out.

Bob :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.