Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been thinking about getting a pistol for Home Defense and for fun and what not. Currently Im into sporting clays Im on the college trap and skeet team and am an active member on shotgunworld firgured thered be a pistolworld as well. anyways, I bought a taurus 24/7 pro in .40 but sold it soon after for 50 bucs profit i thought i was going to be staying on campus and a pistol was a nono. However, Im not and would like to get my first legal pistol, Id like to keep it under 1k but am into quality, I want something that will get the job done and then some, reliable easy to upgrade for example crimson trace grips etc. lots of accesories designed for it Im and upgrader i think its fun to have a gun thats youve added on to to make it one of a kind. Oh and i know very little about pistols fyi. what do yall suggest?

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you want Crimson Trace laser for whatever you buy then maybe you should figure out what you want in reverse. Im sure they dont make a CT for every gun and then look at all of the fluff you want to make your gun "yours". im sure you will narrow it down that way.

·
Registered
606 Posts
5 Guys can give you 10 opinions.... and personal preference plays a large role in handgun selection.

If you're a "gun guy" sort, I'd say take a serious look at a quality .357 Mag revolver (Smith & Wesson M19 or Colt Trooper.... a Colt Python if you can afford a grand or thereabouts).

Of you want a "bottom feeder", then a 1911 of one flavor or another in .45 ACP would be my recommendation. A quality Colt, Kimber, or Springfield can be had for between $700 and $1000, depending on the model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.