Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting some advice on what would be a good first pistol for me. I was thinking of something along the lines of cheap, reliable, and accurate. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Since you didn't say what your intended use will be, I will just answer your question as given.

Smith & Wesson, model 22-A.

Inexpensive, .22 caliber pistol, accurate and reliable.

Shoots very inexpensive ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That was just what I wanted to ask in the forum too as I am also planning to buy an inexpensive pistol which will be reliable and accurate as well! I am quite impressed with the choice – so now I’ll have to just go check out and decided on which of the two would best suit me!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is such an open question. As for a concealed carry, I would suggest the Ruger SP 101 in a revolver, and in an auto Keltec makes a great small 9mm in the P11. 11 shots. It ranks as one of the smallest 9's out there. About $245 and there customer service is great. The SP 101 can fire 38's or 357's so it is versatile but at about $460 in my neck of the woods. 22's and 380's are the skies limits. So many to chose from. Don't deal with any 22's and with the 380's I only have one and that is the Sig P238. Pretty expensive but a great 380. A little more information on your needs. Just to plink? Self defense? Both? Ammo has gone shy high here lately. Hope you find and enjoy your firearm, lots of good fun and you meet the nicest people also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts