Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has finally come I am going to purchase my own pistol this will be my first pistol of mine own.

Now I have shot a variety of pistol since I was 16 ranging from H&K, Sig Sour, Glock, and a .357 stub nose... but the only one I really liked out of those was the H&K but those are pretty pricey.

So what I have been looking at as an alternative is the Springfield XD.

Let me know what you think? Or should I try out? I am looking to keep it around $450 or so before tax & license.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
149 Posts
imo, the XD is a good gun. what you will find is that everyone has their favorites. I, in general, like anything that goes bang. some more then the others.

I got an XD45 Tactical and thought the trigger sucked. The S&W M&P that i was also feeling sucked more. I ended up with the XD and was plesently surprised the trigger smoothed up alot within the first few hundred rounds at the range. It may not happen with all XDs, but it did w/mine. Its something you should remember that all guns are not the same. I also ended up with the M&P a few months later. It still can use some smoothing tho.

youve tried alot of guns and that alot more then others. so use that experince to guide you, but it doesnt hurt to try as many as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.