Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with FN pistols of any calibur? The new models look pretty nice. I have not seen them at any of the local shops here in Philly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If your asking about a FNH I recently purchased a FNH FNP-40 with a low profile laser sight. I am making the change from a Ruger P93 with night sights. For the most part I like the pistol but still getting use to the composite frame and laser sight. Over all I would rate the pistol high, it's consistant and easy to carry/shoot. FNH is also know as Browning (a more cilvian known brand) and is the largest manufacture of tactical arms. A good choice in my opinion

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have an FN FiveSeven (5.7X28). Despite the small caliber, it is a full sized automatic. It comes with three 20 round magazines. The cartridge itself is a high intensity .22 centerfire that was designed about twenty years ago for FN's PDW as a way to penetrate helmets and body armor. The cartridges for that purpose are not available to the general public. What is available is plenty hot - 1700fps from a 4 inch barrel (4 and a fraction) with a 40 gr. bullet. This gives the round the muzzle energy of a .38 Spl. with twenty rounds in the mag.
With a red dot sight, I was able to shoot 10 shots (benched) into a four inch group at 100yds, so it's plenty accurate.
It has also proven to be very reliable with no failures of any kind over quite a few hundreds of rounds.
Handloading - it is not a beginner's cartridge as it is quite finicky about charge weights and bullet combos. That being said, handloading allows for significant change in the payload as well as offering way less expensive practice ammo.
Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts