Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read and researched and wanted one, I got one, shot it and traded it the same day. Did not like the ergonomics. I had my dealer order it sight unseen and felt like I had to buy it, otherwise, when I held it, I would have not got it. Not a bad gun, but hold one first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:oops: Well not many comments on fnp-40. I did hold one and after checking it out went ahead and bought the fnp-45. I also have xd-45 and 1911. Wife said no reason to buy different caliber and need to purchase different ammo. I was very pleased with first range trip. Shoots as well if not better than either xd or 1911 but the 15 rd mag. and 2-14 rd mags which came with it worked excellent. :shock:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a FNP-40 and truly enjoy it. The exchangable back straps make it easy to fit to your hand size and shooting style. Mine came with night sights and three stainless steel Mags so there was no need to purchase any extras to make it a total package or upgrades.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got an FNP-40 to participate in local practical pistol matches and am not happy with it or FNP. First of all it retained the mag after the last round (it released but wouldn't drop). I had a few strangely unconcerned conversations with customer service then sent it back for repairs. 5 weeks turn-around promised so at 5 weeks I called and they said Oops, OK we will get it right out. It came back without being fixed and they wouldn't promise to expedite even at this point. A local gunsmith fixed it overnight. Oh by the way, the exploded parts diagrams are considered proprietary and not available to the consumer. Next, I was having mis-feed problems about every fourth round. Customer service said to put about 1000 rounds through it and then see. Well, that's also what the local pistol gurus said but now only occasionally can I shoot a match of about 200 rounds without a malfunction. Meanwhile my cheapo tackle box gun, and this is like a Harley owner admitting he ever rode a Honda, a High Point shoots different brands, loads, and bullet weights interchangeably without a flaw. The only reason I bring up the latter is that I got the FN based on the reputation of such as the Browing Hi-Power, the FN-FAL, and others like the sniper rifle and the 30-05 semi auto of theirs. My home protector is my clunky old .45 auto, 1911. Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.