Pistol World Forums banner

Found this in my basement...

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dogngun 
#1 ·
I found this hidden up on a support beam a couple years ago when I first bought my house, misplaced it and came across it again the other day... I've been trying to find info online on it and how to strip it so I could clean it up but I'm not coming up with anything... any info would be appreciated...

Markings are:
.32 OAL - on barrel
Made In Spain - under ejection port
11543 -above trigger on the same side

Automatica Espanola-Pats 62004 Y 67577
"Bufalo" 765
- on the slide

the rest I can't make out... there are some strange "wingding" style markings above the triggger and below the "bufalo" .... Thanks!

#5 ·
Funny thing is the external extractor looks very "present-day" on this pistol. Never have heard of the .32 OAL. Looks like it would really hurt somebody if you hit them with it :lol:

There are collectors who focus on oddball firearms, I'm sure there's somebody out there that would give you something for it.

#6 ·
My source states this is probably made by the company Gadilondo y Cia between 1919-1925. It was a copy of the Browning 1910 with the difference of it having an internal hammer rather than a striker. In 1925 the patent expired and many others picked up the design. The "765" is the caliber designation 7.65 which should be the 32 ACP. The same goes for the .32 OAL, it should be .32 CAL. I would be really hesitant to shoot this gun as the quality control of the area and times was rather spotty at best. As others have mentioned, it appears to be a good candidate for a gun buy back program.

#7 ·
Spain made many versions of this gun based on the Browning as stated above for use in WWI - France bought quite a few made by Ruby. It may have They were made in small batches, almost cottage industries, and many parts don't resemble parts for anything else. Still, some of them are good little guns. Give it a good cleaning and let a gunsmith who knows pistols look at it - it might be a shooter despite its appearance.
With a mag and in working condition, it would probably retail for around $150.
ADDED: Found better information on this. It was made in Spain, 1919-1925. Company that made it eventually became Llama.
mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.