Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old German Luger that my grandfather brought home from WWII. He told me he took it off of a German officer during the war. I have the hard leather case/ holster that it was carried in. I also have the original magazine too. Its in at least 90% condition. It has a little blue wear and very slight patina spots. Can you guys give me any idea what this would be worth? Not interested in selling just curious on a value. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Luger values vary greatly please post any markings on the gun and if all the numbers match.Also a discription of the crest (if any) the serial # would be nice but x out the last 2 or 3 numbers (ie 20xxx).If it has been refinished the value drops drasticly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Far more information needed to assign value. Pictures are the best way to do this with close ups of the markings. No offense but many believe they have a luger taken from a german officer durring the war only to find they have a knock off made sometime after the war. The value is vastly different.

The finest can be traced back to the german officer who owned the pistol and demands top dollar due to the history. Yet most fall into the next two ranges, a firearm of the era that could have been issued to a german officer (they still go for a nice price) and a firearm made after the period (they still have a good value depending on when and where they were made). Lastly there were many knock off's made well after the war that still have value but far less.

I hope you have one of the few honest lugers with leather as it would be a nice piece of family history for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts