Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been thinking about buying a Glock 17. heard can't use reloads in glock. Does that include 'jacketed' heads in re-loads. what is the problem with reloads (non lead) ?? thanks

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I have not heard anything negative about reloads and Glocks other than 10mm. The pressure of the 10mm is very high and part of the case is not contained so you have to be careful. As far as anything else I have heard nothing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
romer12 said:
been thinking about buying a Glock 17. heard can't use reloads in glock. Does that include 'jacketed' heads in re-loads. what is the problem with reloads (non lead) ?? thanks
you DO NOT fire unjacked lead bullets in a Glock.. Copper jackets should be no problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
romer12 said:
Shooting reloads will void your warranty. But how would Glock they be able to tell? I don't think they can tell your word against theirs. Lead bullets no good in a Glock the rifleing in a Glock causes heavy leading of the barrel increasing barrel pressure to dangerous levels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have not already bought your Glock I think it is a wise choice to choose the 17 I have been carring on for years and with the 20rnd flush fit mag its got all kinds of applcations.As for reloads as long as you follow the recipe right you should have no problem.Good luck and shoot strait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.