Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed my choice of a 9mm down to these 3 i think. Going to carry the gun sometimes, target shoot sometimes. This will be my first semi auto. I have had the chance to shoot the xd, not the glock yet, and i cant find anyone with a SR9 to rent. Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
i know you can get a smaller Glock. dont know about the XDm in 9 tho. ALso i dont think a compact/smaller version of the SR9 is out.

i think anyone is good, but if you plan on carry CCW, the size of some maybe an issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt matter much to me about the size, i wont be carrying it too much, i dont want to go any smaller than the glock 19. I really like the SR9 but i wonder if its not a little too big for my hand. My friends are telling me to buy it and then i can always sell it if it doesnt work out. Not sure about that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
julken said:
It doesnt matter much to me about the size, i wont be carrying it too much, i dont want to go any smaller than the glock 19. I really like the SR9 but i wonder if its not a little too big for my hand. My friends are telling me to buy it and then i can always sell it if it doesnt work out. Not sure about that.
Find a gun rental range to try some guns or head on to your local gun shops/shows and try to handle one.

there is no reason to "wonder" how guns will fit in this day and age. you may have to drive an hour or so to find one, but if youre like 90% of the people, you have a cell phone and a yellow pages. i would be calling to any and all of the gun shops in your area and looking for them all.

you may find a gun rental range that has some or all of the guns youre looking for too.

yes, you can always buy a gun and sell it, but like a car, you will loose $$$ as soon as you walk out the door. You maybe able to "swap" it for what you want, but you wont know again, until you shoot them.

If you have any shooting buds, i would be asking them too. Im surprised with so many shooters on this board and others, that many of them dont have any shooting buds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't speak to the Springfield models because I have never owned or even shot one. :(
I have owned several Ruger semi-autos and have not kept them.
Nothing wrong with them, they were just to heavy and didn't fit my shooting preferences.
(I own several Ruger revolvers and wouldn't give them up for anything.)
The Glock 19 is a superior weapon. Easy to operate and maintain with TONS of aftermarket stuff to personalize it.
The Glock 19 should last you a very long time. AND, Glock's are also always on sale somewhere.

Have you looked at any of the Smith and Wesson M&P's? Very reliable, accurate, and versatile weapons, IMHO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Out of the three the XD is a good choice but I suggest you put off buying until you find a range that rents and shoot all the pistols you expect to own. You might have to drive a few hours to a range but the time is well worth the effort. as mentioned the S&W M&P is worth a look as well.

Good luck and let us know what you buy and the reason for your choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.