Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 21 with the fixed, night sights that shoots way low and left..... What are my options to get this corrected? Is there anything I can do with the fixed sights to correct the problem?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Have you tried shooting it from a rest position? I was thinking perhaps your pushing the gun, anticipating recoil. No offence but we all do it from time to time. This way you will know exactly where the gun is shooting. Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shot it from a rest position, as have others, and it still shoots low and left....

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
OK, to make the gun shoot more to the right you would have to move the rear sight to the right. If you can get the left and right correct you should be able to compensate for elevation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: re: Glock 21 shoots way low and left

Rev. said:
OK, to make the gun shoot more to the right you would have to move the rear sight to the right. If you can get the left and right correct you should be able to compensate for elevation.
Or would it make more sense to upgrade to some adjustable sights?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
That would be great, I didnt know if you were wanting to invest the money. I think that would be the best fix you could do. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just aim for the right shoulder and you should be set ;)

Seriously, though. I used to shoot low with the glock because of the way the trigger engaged, I was used to revolvers and 1911s with a much stiffer takeup and break. You put a glock in my hands and I would always group low because I wouldn't feel engagement until it hooked up beyond the safety point. Without the resistance of the trigger pull like on the other guns, the nose would drop just a hair. I may have been pulling rather than squeezing, too.

I'm not trying to insult your shooting skills just putting it out there as a possibility.

As for the left drift, I've got less to say about that. It could be that your sights just got knocked a bit off. This also may sound like a total asshole question but you are aiming with the eye on your grip side, right?

Glocks seem to have some tricks to get them to shoot true, depending on your stance and grip. I have found that my 19 takes a much tighter grip than other pistols and I have to make sure that I choke up on it and make it's seated very tightly down into the top of my thumb webbing. Lots of dry firing helped me improve the grip.

That's my 2 cents. Whatever it is, I hope you get it sorted and get comfortable with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts