PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say that I'm much of a Fan of the Glock 22, although it's what my department carry's for their primary gun. Seems that it just all in all feels too bulky in my hands...Even with the added rubber grip from Hogue on it. Definatly is a straight shooting weapon, But WHAT can be done as far as general upgrades (besides the night sights, and grip) to make the gun Loose some weight?!?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Load fewer rounds in the magazine!!!! :D Like you, I do not care for Glocks and was issued them by my employer. The only other option for lighter weight is to go with a smaller version like a 23 if your department allows. Otherwise, I guess you will have to live with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Was working at my local gun range last winter. I was selling and renting out a lot of Glocks. I was always a steel gun guy, curiocity got the best of me, i started trying out these Glocks when i can. They do shoot good i have to admit. The one i seemed to do best was with the .40. First chance i got i bought one. With my discount available at the time. i figured i grab one. Fill size model 22 night sights 3-15 rd mags. Its still brand new in the box. Now i am hearing that there have been problems associated withthese guns as far as feeding and jambing and such. I was wondering if this was true. The range had closed and i fell out of the loop as to knowing if these problems are real or not? Any one know anything about this? Thanks in advance as to any knowledge any one might have as to this subject. Jack. :?:

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
My department lets us carry anything we want. So I use...you guessed it...a Glock 22. Which has a 357sig barrel. However back to your question, the weight of the G22 is what it is.
Some find the Glock a little top-heavy even with a full mag. What are you used to totin?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Re: re: Glock 22

jack62 said:
Was working at my local gun range last winter. I was selling and renting out a lot of Glocks. I was always a steel gun guy, curiocity got the best of me, i started trying out these Glocks when i can. They do shoot good i have to admit. The one i seemed to do best was with the .40. First chance i got i bought one. With my discount available at the time. i figured i grab one. Fill size model 22 night sights 3-15 rd mags. Its still brand new in the box. Now i am hearing that there have been problems associated withthese guns as far as feeding and jambing and such. I was wondering if this was true. The range had closed and i fell out of the loop as to knowing if these problems are real or not? Any one know anything about this? Thanks in advance as to any knowledge any one might have as to this subject. Jack. :?:
I have not heard anything about a feeding or jambing problem. The local PD issues nothing but G22 and at my department, SO, several carry the G22, and I have not heard anything. I think it is just an ugly rumor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Rev, hope everythings good. thanks for the info,as to the G22s being dependable. That sure makes me feel better. I was thinking of selling it,as it is still new and unfired. Thinking different now. I do like how lite it feels, compared to my full size 1911s. And i also seem to shoot the .40s better than the rest of the Glocks. One of the other reasons for purchasing the Glock, was for security and armored car type jobs. Which i sometimes do to compensate my construction job. I have been told on more than one occasion, that they would rather see me carry the Glock for liability reasons. Some if not most of these companys, do not want to see a cocked and locked 1911 being worn at the hip. I think mostly because of the fail safe trigger design of the Glock. I know here in N.Y, when i was working in the gun shop last winter. The glocks i sold to the NYPD officers, had to have the N.Y(11lb.) triggers put on, when they went back to work with the firearm.Anyway,thanks for the reassurance as to thier dependability,in this subject. Take care and be safe. Jack62.

·
Registered
28 Posts

jack62 said:
Dude some one lied to you. The Glock 22 does not have a jamming problem never did.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you , Snaponalstar for this info. This is good news indeed.
Now i dont have to walk on egg shells, and stuff some +Ps in this baby. Johnny :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts

jack62 said:
According to a friend and firearm distributor, the city of Balitmore had a problem with their Glock 22's. According to him, Glock produced a number of guns (and those purchased by the city, some 3500 guns, were in the serial range affected) that had problems with the extractors - I am not sure if they were outright breaking or bending or what. So the city is turning to another manufacturer - possibly Springfield. He also stated that Glock figured out the problem and it was subsequently corrected, but there is a range of (used) 22's out there that could have problems. Second-hand info, but it gave me pause. It probably wouldn't be that hard to verify through the correct channels, though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
SouthernStyleLEO said:
I can't say that I'm much of a Fan of the Glock 22, although it's what my department carry's for their primary gun. Seems that it just all in all feels too bulky in my hands...Even with the added rubber grip from Hogue on it. Definatly is a straight shooting weapon, But WHAT can be done as far as general upgrades (besides the night sights, and grip) to make the gun Loose some weight?!?
You may not be a BIG fan of the Glock 22 but i believe their is no other better pistol for a LEO to defend themselfs with on the market today. Glocks have away of growing on you. I think you will come to love it in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do own a glock 22, but i do have a hard time shooting

with consistency with it !!

Probably because i also shoot a cz 85 in 9mm, wich is heavier

than the glock, am i right or wrong ??

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts