Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
with the laws about to change in wi. i am looking for a pistol to carry sometimes [not regularly]. i have read that the glock 27 can be converted to 9mm with a $125 barrel. is this true? i have heard and read the 26 shoots very accurately for its size and i am also wondering if anyone has heard of pros or cons to this conversion?
i have 30 long guns but only 3 pistols so although i am comfortable with firearms pistols are not my ''passion''.
bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
...LONEWOLF makes barrels to convert to other sizes. I have a Glock 22 and Glock 23 that have barrels in 9mm and 40 s&w. They seem to work out better than original barrels, they are stainless steel with different rifling. I find them to be more accurate. If you decide to go with Lonewolf CALL and request the Lonewolf HEAD be put under NOT ABOVE, so it can not be seen. My next Glock will be a 27 and I will order the 9mm conversion from Lonewolf as they seem to be top quality at the lowest price.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
bobnoffs said:
hi all,
With the laws about to change in Wisconsin I am looking for a pistol to carry sometimes [not regularly]. I have read that the Glock 27 can be converted to 9mm with a $125 barrel. is this true? i have heard and read the 26 shoots very accurately for its size and i am also wondering if anyone has heard of pros or cons to this conversion?

I have 30 long guns but only 3 pistols so although I am comfortable with firearms pistols are not my, ''passion''. Bob
OK, this is an old post on an always relevant issue. If your application is for self-defense then you don’t want to be carrying your G-27 with a 9mm conversion barrel in it. The reason, ‘Why’ you don’t want to do this is because of possible reliability issues.

I don’t have an Armorer’s Manual in front of me to look part numbers up; but as memory serves me: The 40 caliber extractors and ejectors are different from their 9mm counterparts. The 40 caliber firing pin is, also, going to strike the primer by hitting it off to one side rather than in the center; and there are other dissimilarities, too. The SLB’s are often different as are the EDP springs. Neither will the magazine followers be identical. This is not to say that a 9mm conversion barrel will not work in a G-27; obviously it will; however, reliability will NOT be the same.

If your G-27 is only a range pistol, go ahead and convert it; but, if you’re carrying that G-27 for self-defense then keep it 40 caliber with all the usual stock parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts