Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys was looking at the glocks and found one that cought my eye its the glock 30 subcompact .45 ACP anyone buy this or heard any goods or bads about it? im planning on this being my CCW.
thanks in advance also is there any gun that would be better to have for a little more money i would appreciate any input about it thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any Glock will be a fine weapon and you will be glad to have it.

That said, I prefer the 27. A sub compact Glock is small and light. I find the .45ACP a little difficult to control in the sub compact guns. The .40, on the other hand, is easy to control and still relatively powerful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I owned a Glock 30 for a few years, and like all my other Glocks, it performed flawlessly. That said, I never felt as comfortable concealing it or shooting it as I did my Glock 23 in .40 cal. The 30 is kind of bulky and difficult to conceal as well as the 23. I love the .45 ACP and I wish Glock made a .45 ACP (not GAP) the same size as a Glock 23. Overall, the 30 was a great gun, but my personal preference is with the Glock 23. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had a couple of them, and while they're extremely accurate, I wouldn't exactly classify them as being "sub compact". Before you decide to make one your concealed carry weapon I'd advise actually seeing and holding one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you the least bit recoil-shy? Muzzle blast distract you? Arthritis or nerve damage in hands or wrists? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you better testfire ANY small pistol before you plop down the $$$green$$$.
Been there, learned that.
///olde :) pharte///

·
Registered
122 Posts
I own a Glock 36. Basically, it's the same gun though slightly thinner (1.1" vs. 1.27") and has a narrower grip. The big difference is that the 36 has a magazine capacity of six rounds and the 30 has a few more.
That being said, it's a wonderful piece. I drop it into my back pocket for a walk in the woods or general walking around. It shoots quite accurately. I find that the recoil is quite manageable...though perception of recoil is very subjective. I put a neoprene sleeve on the grip - a Pachmayr, I think - and that simple addition really softens the thump. I would and do recommend the gun (or the 30, if you want more rounds).
The advice, however, about shooting these small powerful pistols, if possible, before you buy is well taken.
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.