Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I'm wondering if anyone can provide some insight into recommending one of these 2 pistols (would also consider 9mm version) to be used for personal defense and some light target shooting. My main criteria is a pistol that is very accurate, low recoil (I'll add a steel guide rod), and most importantly reliable and least likely to jam (with proper ammunition of course). There is obviously quite a price difference, but I am will to spend the extra $$ if it is a better gun. I would really appreciate all comments and opinions from anyone with some knowledge and experience...thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If im going to choose between the two for more range shooting I'm going to choose the glock. I shoot glocks, never a 35 competition but like all the others im sure its smooth and more accurate and less recoil with the 5 and a quarter barrel. But if you say that you want defense ( I dont know if you mean to carry ) but hk's are extremely smooth and reliable no doubt, but nevertheless if you want to carry I would say a compact glock like a 19 or 23 because a 35 is almost as long as a full size 1911. An hk just isnt the most user friendly choice for carry, it has a safty and hammer so the first shot is double action. Personally I have never been in a situation where I needed to shoot someone but I know that the less things you have to do before you can pull the trigger the better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.