Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SIG

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several guys in law enforcement. Some carry Glocks, some carry SIGs, and some carry HKs. What is everyone's opinion on which pistol is the best? (I'm talking accuracy, reliablity, and ease of carry)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I really like that the Sigs have a hammer instead of the striker type firing pin. I think they are all about the same for reliability and I can't shoot as well as any of my guns so that's not an issue for me either. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry, one answer was missing. I like them all. The Glocks have a triger that seem the same from start to break. Sig has the sa- da trigger. My Sig 239 has a 9# trigger on DA and about 4# in SA. I've shot a few HK's and those were nice too. Like I said, all of the above. :roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glock is the right choice here for all areas. One of my best buddies was a deputy sheriff where they had once used the HK. Due to numerous mechanical faults at the range and in the field :( , the department switched to Glock and hasn't looked back. For LE, the Glock is the way to go. Now if we can only get the US Army to dump the M9 Beretta :!:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I prefer the SIG or HK to the Glock primarily due to the angle of the grip. That rake just does not adjust to my wrist at all. I also don't care for the trigger regardless of what type it is. I have a Browning marked SIG 220 which I love to shoot and I don't notice the different trigger pulls. In fact I don't remember any differences in the pulls of the DA/SA autos I've had. the SIG/Browning would be my duty gun except for the "European style" magazine latch which none of the departments I've worked for would accept. I also like the USP but not the price. The only Pros I've seen were problem children that had FTE/FTF issues at a public range. Even after cleaning they were not reliable and not to the expectations I have of HK.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's a tough question. Nothing feels better in your hand than a Sig. Nothing is more reliable than a Glock. For that reason alone, I would have to go with the Glock. BUT, I would sure settle for a Sig if I couldn't get one, and still be a happy camper! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sig or HK. Havent handled a Glock that I felt comfortable with and I'm not sold on their reliability since the last two times I shot a Glock it jammed!!. The same ammo through a Beretta and a Sig fed with no hiccups and the Beretta was in need of a good cleaning!.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Around my neck of the woods it's Glock all the way. I'm not badmouthing Sig or HK as both are fine firearms but I perfer the Glock.

Of course that's just me. If the Glock doesn't feel "right" to you then get something else! I won't cry about it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
mapanggulo said:
I'm not sold on their reliability since the last two times I shot a Glock it jammed!!
Probably the old limp wrist problem. It needs a firm foundation for that slide to work. I don't think any gun in history has been tested as much as the Glock, and no gun has ever done so well. Just ask the FBI. They were the lastest to run all the torture tests, and it wouldn't be FBI issue if it wasn't reliable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Roadkill Bill said:
Probably the old limp wrist problem.
Nope, just a crappy gun problem...as for your diagnosis, you probably dont know what the hell your talking about!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Probably not. Just been carrying one every day for 15 years. Guess I don't know a thing about 'em.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mapanggulo said:
Roadkill Bill said:
Probably the old limp wrist problem.
Nope, just a crappy gun problem...as for your diagnosis, you probably dont know what the hell your talking about!
:roll:

Actually, if you aren't used to shooting Glocks, it could be a limpwristing problem. Maybe you don't know what you are talking about! :lol: Glocks aren't crappy. You don't like them? Fine. But, they aren't crappy. Far from it. They are reliable, have the same trigger feel on every shot, and are combat accurate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
txgolfer51 said:
:roll:
Actually, if you aren't used to shooting Glocks, it could be a limpwristing problem. Maybe you don't know what you are talking about! :lol: Glocks aren't crappy. You don't like them? Fine. But, they aren't crappy. Far from it. They are reliable, have the same trigger feel on every shot, and are combat accurate.

You dont think they are crappy fine...this one was!! As for the reliability factor of Glocks...for this particular one I'd call one that wont feed ammo not very reliable.

As for not being used to shooting Glocks...I guess the other two people experienced the same issue with this gun werent used to shooting them either. :roll:

One was one of the range masters. I'm willing to bet he shot glocks before so both diagnosis are off.

I'm willing to bet this particular Glock was a lemon and/or had some issue that I didnt know about. It happens to the best products now and then whether people are willing to admit it or not.

First impressions mean alot...and I'm still not impressed. Obviously you are. Shall we leave it at that without throwing the insults around?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greathounder said:
Sorry, one answer was missing. I like them all. The Glocks have a triger that seem the same from start to break. Sig has the sa- da trigger. My Sig 239 has a 9# trigger on DA and about 4# in SA. I've shot a few HK's and those were nice too. Like I said, all of the above. :roll:
Agree. Specific selection depends upon situational needs and wants. CCW, Home Defense, Range, etc.

·
Registered
297 Posts
mapanggulo said:
you probably dont know what the hell your talking about!
Hey, fine with me. You're the one with the insults.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm really sorry if I offended you, but what comment was it?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I own four Glocks, two 9mm and two 45s, I also owm a Sig 9mm. I have not had a problem with with any of them. I do prefer the Glock design due to simplicity.

Also, guys time to shake hands.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts