Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on general forum. No reply. Maybe someone in glock forum can answer. I have glock mod 22 when I try to reassemble after field stripping it slide stop just short of when it should cock weapon. This is new glock and I must wiggle slide side to side and sometimes in a twisting motion to get it to go all the way back and cock. Is this due to weapon being new and just needs to break in and loosen up or is this a real prob? I`ve owned 1911s and other pistols but this is my first glock.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
You have to make sure the recoil spring guide rod assembly are sitting on the proper notch.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already know answer to problem. When slide stops at cocking point pull forward on trigger and slide will go all the way back and cock weapon. Answer came from reply to mod G23 problems on glock.pro/ site. Thanks for reply, maybe we will talk again.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
str8 shot said:
Already know answer to problem. When slide stops at cocking point pull forward on trigger and slide will go all the way back and cock weapon. Answer came from reply to mod G23 problems on glock.pro/ site. Thanks for reply, maybe we will talk again.
I just thought I knew answer. I got more advice on this problem and they said it was fairly common. To reassemble, before placing slide back on frame, point barrel muzzle down and depress safety plunger. While holding plunger down make sure striker is moved to forward most position. This made my problem go away for reassembly. Thanks for all the replys to my question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts