Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for responses. I am looking for a high quality 45 pistol for target practice/hunting sidearm use. Not used for CC.

I had a Glock 34. I like the longer guns (5+ inch), but wanted to upgrade to a larger caliber.

I have big hands and like the grip of the springfield xdm 45 and the capacity, but I am not scared about going up in quality/price.

I looked at the Kimbers, but liked the capacity of the staggered polymers. "If I am deer hunting and a cougar starts approaching, I want as many shots as possible!"

Any ideas? Price range = $500 - $3000. I want a gun to pass downfrom generation to generation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
you go from "good" quality to "high" quality faster then a politican changes their mind.

if youre willing to spend 3k on a toy, then why not put your wallet where your keyboard is?

there are several mfg out there that specialize in "high" quality guns. choose your poison.

let us know what "high" quality gun you end up and how you like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally like my Dan Wessons. I also have had Kimbers that I was impressed with. If you wanted a longer barrel STI has 6' 1911 pistols. If you like a 1911 but want a larger grip then look at the Para high capacity models. EAA also has some 45's. The 1911 forums have some good info if you are willing to dig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.