Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ruger LCP (post recall) was my gift to myself this Christmas. (Early of course, because I'm worth it.)

First Impressions:

Range Trip 1: The LCP fed and ejected flawlessly except the initial racking of a new mag where the first bullet would snag a bit on the ramp. (A nudge would put the rack into full battery.) All subsequent rounds would feed and eject fine.

Back Home: I used the Dremel and polish kit to polish the ramp to a mirror shine.

Range Trip 2: The LCP fed and ejected 100% of the time without any slide hangs. I was really surprised at the accuracy of this small weapon. I expected something like a belly-gun with the accuracy of a few feet at best... What I got was a weapon that was dead-on accurate at 7-yards and 8 inch groupings at 15-yards. What a little shooter!

Conclusion: There is nothing more pleasing that getting more than you expected. I did try a Kel-Tec P-3AT several months ago at the range. Even though the Kel-Tec was just put into service that day as the replacement range gun for an expired P-3AT, it shot like a weapon made from spare parts by prison inmates. FTE, FTE and slide issues galore. (No amount of polish would have helped.) I was almost soured to the idea of a semi-auto of this size. The Ruger LCP has changed all that.

* Great gun
* Great Price
* Great CCW size
* Great James Bond 9mm short (.380) round

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude! (that is what the kiddies are saying these days, right?)

My brother has an LCP, he states that it fires exceedingly well, both reliably and accurately (and he has discriminating tastes in firearms). He also says that after the first round the gun just sort of finds a spot in his hand from which it is quite natural to continue firing with accuracy.

Personally I find the LCP a bit small for my hand (I tease my little bro about having "little girl hands" - probably a bad idea since he is a truck driver, LOL).

This spring I bought myself an LC9 - the big brother of the LCP, chambered in 9 mm as the name suggests. It too fires remarkably accurately, I hit the bullseye with the first shot right out of the box, and subsequently found no need to adjust the sights in the first session. It also cycled perfectly with cheap Russian Tulammo ($9/box of 50 at Walmart). Like my brother's LCP, my LC9 seems to automatically find a spot in my hand that lines up perfect follow-up shots.

Ruger is really onto something with their LC line, IMHO.

-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.