Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had an opportunity to shoot one last friday and was impressed overall. One thing I did notice that I didn't like was that I was aware of the grip safety moving when I initially gripped the gun. Otherwise it seems like a great shooter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought mine back when they first came out and it seemed like it had to brake in because the slide would not go into battery on some rounds and after about 4-500 rounds I didn't have any more problems.

One more small problem after dry practice for about two months 3 times a week the cocked indicater pin broke off after I pulled the trigger and the striker came down on a empty chamber the pin rebounded back thru the tube it rides in and hit me in the eye, I was pointed in on the target.

I really like the xd and have suggested them to alot of friends
and a couple of them have had the samething happen.

You might want to wear you safety glasses when you dry practice with your xd.

Doug

Hey! Check this out: 15 Gun Training Reports written by Front Sight Firearms Training Institute www.frontsight.com
Some GREAT information taken right out of their course curriculum that was previously only taught when you attended their courses!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have two (for now) an XD-9 Service and an XD-45acp Service. Both are good guns, although I am having magazine issues with the 45.

They both served their intended purpose well (duty guns) but have been replaced by something better (Springfield Operator).

·
Registered
13 Posts
yep. got my xd45 service model in two tone. Love it. Broke in like a charm. I had to work on pistol grip, though. Been awhile since I had a .45acp. :) I limp wristed a few around 300 rounds (was getting sloppy). but besides that perfect with fmj, hjp and powerball's! Nice to have 13 little friends +1 at your call in .45. Not that I mind 9mm, I have a taurus mill pro pt111 and a .357 revolver.
xd45 is my "going out with the wife" wear. when i'm not only protecting my own hide, but my wife's and family. It carries well in my Large Smartcarry. Which is about only form of carry I ever use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts