Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to add a .357 revolver to my gun collection and have looked at both the GP-100 or SW 686 in st.stl. I used to have a SW in 6" but really like the way the 4" gun felt. First question, the Ruger is less money so would i be unhappy with this gun compared with the SW. Second question, 4" vs. 6" length. My primary use for this pistol will be at the target range.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If your primary use is target, the Smith is the hands-down choice.... but if it's a target gun, the 6" barrel is preferable to the 4".

·
Registered
149 Posts
apples vs. oranges. chevys vs. fords.

what did you like about the S&W?

most people that sell a toy, end up regretting it later on and end up replacing it.

if you liked the S&W, buy S&W. Rugers are nice but mostly functional. Most people notice the difference between the 2 and usualy $$$ is the deciding factor as you noticed.

afa 4 vs 6" tubes, its up to you. since all you want to do is to make holes in paper, a longer sight rad would be nicer, but its up to the user too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In a lapse of poor judgement i got rid of the S&W so i could pay for my Beretta 9mm that i brought. i should have kept the 686 and brought the 9mm. There has been so many things said about both the 686 & GP-100 that i will just have to make a final decision a final decision after handeling them again. As for the 4" vs. 6", i like the way the 4 felt in my hands, the balance was really nice. Thanks for your replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts