Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed several references to older and/or possibly not completely safe pistols being possible candidates for "gun buy back programs". What does that mean?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Some jurisdictions offer programs where a person can receive money or an item such as sports tickets for any gun turned in. These are misguided attempts at to reduce the number of guns on the streets but the majority of people who turn in guns are law abiding citizens turning in a gun that was handed down to them or are people who have guns of questionable quality and this is the only way to economically get rid of them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They do this about once a year here. The only people who turn in guns are older folks who have no use for them and don't know that the guns might be worth something to a collector.

The "bad guys" never turn in any of their guns do they? :roll:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Usually when they show them on the nightly news here - there's a barrel full of rusted (not pitted) long guns and pistols in just about the worst condition you can imagine (and thats just what you can see on tv)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm surprised that's still being done anywhere. Our local gun grabbers found out how foolish such nonsense was years ago. I wish they'd do one more. I've got a couple of paperweights and cow stakes I'd like to get paid for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts