Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I use breakfree for all my cleaning and most of my lubrication.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Use "Goo Gone" you can buy it anywhere, I get mine at the dollar store for a buck. works Great. Safe on ALL finishes. Use it on rifles, pistols, glocks, XD's, everything.
Then for Lubrication, use REMOIL. The best on the market, and the cheapest. :)

Those who talk, are not Prepared to Act. Those that are prepared to act, do not Talk, They simply Do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tried a new gun cleaning solvent recently and liked the results, so I thought I'd pass it on. Hoppes makes a new line called "Elite." I bought a small spray bottle of the solvent and feel like it really did do a good job and seemed a bit faster than others that I've tried. See what you think.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: re: gun cleaning

TMats said:
I tried a new gun cleaning solvent recently and liked the results, so I thought I'd pass it on. Hoppes makes a new line called "Elite." I bought a small spray bottle of the solvent and feel like it really did do a good job and seemed a bit faster than others that I've tried. See what you think.

I have to Agree with TMats, Hoppes (pronounced hoppies) makes an Excellent product. I like the Hoppes 9 solvent, I haven't tried their "elite". So it works good?

Also, use a LOT of Q-tips dipped in the solvent to help clean all the parts and pieces. When the Q-tips are clean, then the parts are clean....
:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Of course #9 is the solvent that most of us grew up with; heck, probably the one most of our grandfathers grew up with and the smell of it brings back memories for many of us. Cleaning is not my favorite part of the shooting sports--by a long shot. I experiment with new products that look promising in hopes of shortening the time I spend at it. This new Elite line from Hoppe's just seems a bit better. BTW, this Elite solvent is odorless.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Odorless, WHAT? why would you want odorless?... LOL the smell of #9 is what makes it enjoyable... it's MAN's cologne....UuuuRrrrrrr LOL.. hehehe (just kidding).
i'll have to give the Elite a try.. but I do like #9....
I was out of solvent one day, looked around and had some goo-gone laying around the house, so I tried it.... it works almost as good as the #9...RePeat..ALMOST.... and has a citrus smell to it, Also, I Personally think it works Way better than kleen bore and or Outers.... IMHO.... so I used the goo-gone for quite some time. I have since Re-plenished my supply of #9.... so i'm back on track....for now....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Found a new product.

http://www.weaponshield.com/

You can order it here, or from Midway USA.

http://www.oa2.org/index.php?cPath=23&o ... d315102837

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=220438

Try Weapon Shield. This stuff is Great. It has a slight Cinnamon smell to it.

I got my Weapon Shield in the mail yesterday, and gave a couple of pistils the rub down of this stuff. Weapon Shield is thicker than RemOil that I USE to use...(dont use remoil no More), No it is not to thick, but remoil just ran off as soon as you started to pour it out of the little cap from thier bottle...Weapon Shield goes on Smooth, and a little goes a LONG way. Man, I just cant tell you how GREAT this stuff is...

Works better than Breakfree CLP. IMHO

First off, it has a GREAT smell to it. It has a Slight Cinnamon smell. Wow, No more hearing "Honey, can you do that outside, OR, cant you do that Later when i'm not home"... I never heard any of those, but some guys do.....Besides being an OUTSTANDING Product, it smells good too.

I just wiped down my knife with weapon shield this morning. Think i'll do the rest of them too.

Thank you Weapon Shield for an outstanding product.

I will no longer use anything but Weapon Shield, it's just simply THAT GREAT.

Thanks Weapon Shield.

As Always, Stay Safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.