Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found at an estate sale, H&R 922 9 shot, 22cal. revolver. Pat.1904/3?? . Now the strange part,the serial number on the exposed part of the metal pistol grip frame looks like B6384 but when the grip is removed the number usually covered by the grip on the same metal pistol grip frame looks to be 6381, ?? any ideas would be very appreciated. Age and value would be helpful also thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
The 922 with the letter prefix is a post 1940 gun. They have little value as collectables, but they are fine shooters, and I would clean it up and use it.

It would retail for maybe $100 and up a little depending on condition. Many of these were used hard with little care, but a large number of them still work find despite the wear.

Enjoy it.

mark

·
Registered
640 Posts
I can't add much more than to suspect a stamping error on the frame or the under grip number is only a partial used until final assembly where the "correct" number is stamped on an obvious part of the frame. I had one of these guns for my trap line and they were common for this use. I no longer have it but it is much as stated above; worked well though it suffered a lot of abuse. shoot it and enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any pics of the gun? My Dad has a 9 shot revolver in .22 cal and I wonder if it is the same make. He got it from my great grandfather back in the early '70's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.