Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I am new that this. I have reloaded a total of 15 rounds. I had three primers run down the shoot from the tray on their edge. I am keeping an eye each time I manually set the primer, but wonder if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong. I have the small primer block and using CCI 500's. Oh, and happy 4th!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, that would help wouldn't it ... RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool (part #90201).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the cover on all the way? Are all the primers facing up (anvil visible)? The clear plastic cover should keep them from flipping if I'm not mistaken...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes to all of the questions. I'm going to call RCBS today and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Indy, hope you're getting along with the priming tool. I found out with mine while priming small rifle that it helps to bring the primer up about flush with the bottom of the shell holder to get an eyeball on it before inserting the shell, then re-orient the primer with my finger tip if need be. You won't be setting production records doing this, but it won't waste shells and precious primers. Large primers don't seem to be as finicky. Also, I found that not pushing the shell completely "home" in the shell holder helped seat the primers, especially in shells with crimped pockets that had been swaged and were ever so slightly undersize. Seems setting the shell all the way over puts the primer pocket a little off center. If you happen to catch the edge of a primer on an off-center hole, the primer can tip and end up seated edge-on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts