Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help on this revolver, so if anyone could help identify the model and make. It is a single 6 and I got it to carry with me while I'm trapping, but when I shoot it, it seems to hit every other round and i would ike to get it fixed, but I'm not sure what it is, so if I could get some info so I can get the right parts it would be great.

The frame looks like a ruger to me

On the bottom of the handle it is stamped, "BURGO"

On the side of the barrel is "Cal. .22 LR"
and on the bottom of the barrel, "GERMANY" and then the serial number 361581

On the side of the frame is three stamps, i am not sure but the first might be an eagle obove an "N". the second looks like a shield with a simple 'criss-cross' pattern. and the third is kinda like a shield and has "68" inside it.

The two piece black plastic grips have a bullalo on both the right and left grip.

On the handle under the grips is "HERBERT SCHMIDT"

·
Registered
640 Posts
Burgo was a competitor of RG and of about the same lower quality. I have no idea as to parts availability but it would probably cost more to fix the gun that it is worth, even if you did the labor yourself.
The eagle and N is a German proof mark, the others are probably model designation and maybe factory crest.
Sorry if this news is kind of bad but there are a number of inexpensive guns out there and unfortunately they very frequently of poor quality.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
The 3 marks were placed there by German government proof tester.

The first shows it was proof tested with a smokeless proof round.

The second shows this was done at the proof house in Munich.

The third shows the year it was tested, 1968.

Uglydog already gave you the important info.

The Ruger Bearcat is an excellent revolver for trapping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts