Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Police Positive .32 that was handed down to me by my step-father (a retired police chief) who had the gun handed down to him by his father (a beat cop from the late '20s until the early '50s).
By the time I got the gun, the ivory (or fake ivory) grips were off the gun, one side broken in two pieces. Over the past five years that I've had the gun I've made a couple of attempts to purchase grips for it. No local dealer could help me, so I bought two different sets over the 'net on separate occasions. Both times they were for a Police Positive, but neither fit. The handle frame on this gun is long & huge, much too big for the grips I received. My guess is that I have an early variation of the gun and the frame was changed by Colt later.
Can anyone recommend someplace where I can purchase the proper grips for this gun or help me properly identify my variation. I'm currently shooting it on occasion with a Pachmyer grip for a S&W that fit fairly closely which I dremmeled the inside rubber out for an almost precise fit, making the gun safe to shoot. You have to look pretty close to realise it's not the right grip, but I'd love to have the proper grip for it.
Any help given would be greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I don’t know how handy you are, but I would buy some of the fake ivory material and custom make some new grips. Its really not that hard if you take your time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.