Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a smith & wesson pistol with bonegrips on the barrel behind the eyesight is smith & wesson springfield mass usa patented oct 8 01 dec 7 01 feb 6 06 sept 14 09 dec 29 14 on the underside of the barrel is B282922 and the other side of the barrel is 38 s.&w. special cgt just wondering what is it worth. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
149 Posts
cinwall said:
I have a smith & wesson pistol with bonegrips on the barrel behind the eyesight is smith & wesson springfield mass usa patented oct 8 01 dec 7 01 feb 6 06 sept 14 09 dec 29 14 on the underside of the barrel is B282922 and the other side of the barrel is 38 s.&w. special cgt just wondering what is it worth. Can anyone help me?
my references dont show any "B" prefix s/n guns. if, however, your gun is newer, it may not be current there.

could the "B" be an "R" instead?

pics would be a really great help since the S&W frame sizes is the key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an identical pistol. Serial number under the barrel is 528702, so maybe that's a five you are seeing on your serial number.
I'll try to upload some pictures to see if this is like yours and someone has an idea what they are worth. Mine is VERY worn.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The pistol pictured appears to be a Model 10 which was nickle plated, a common and desireable finish into the 1950's. As shown, the plateing is not durable as SS. From what little I can see of the markings on this weapon, I would venture 1920's vintage. The grips appear to be Mother of Pearl and I agree with General Patton in regards to that material.
"Only a cheap pimp in an Italian whorer house would have a pearl handled pistol!" :lol:

A pistol in the condition I see would only be worth $100 or so to me and only as a throw about. :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
S&W Model of 1902 - 5th Change would be my guess. It was the precursor to the Model 10 and M&P. In really good shape, about $300 is the current market. In LNIB, you can add about 5-7 times that much, depending on the collector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually if the grips are real pearl they are worth more than the gun. carefully take the grips off and see if they are translucent and if there is a certifcation sticker on thier back.Also might want to check if the rubies are real.If they are plastic slap em back on ,if real let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.